Dock Piling Wrap
What is a Piling Wrap?
A piling wrap is a protective layer of material that prevents burrowing marine creatures from damaging your piling.
The piling wrap is a great way to protect your dock pilings as well as your boat. The Pile Wrapper provides excellent protection to the piling itself, extending life of the wood and avoiding costly replacements. The pile wrapper is also maintenance free.
Make your dock look its very best today by having your pilings wrapped!
Contact us with any questions you may have in preserving your pilings and in adding an aesthetic appeal to your boat dock or pier.
Piling Wrap Features:
Tough and Abrasion Resistant – won’t fade, crack, peel or chip like other products. The PVC cover and Polyester core is impervious to all aspects of weather, fuel and oils.
Non-marring and UV insensitive – tough PVC will not damage your boat and is insensitive to UV rays.
Environmentally sound investment – for long lasting durability and strength. Will not rust, rot or corrode. Maintenance Free!
Help protect your piling from marine borers by installing our pile wrap product. This product is a high density polyethylene material.
“PROTECT YOUR WOOD” – Don’t allow something that’s an easy fix to end up ruining your dock investment!
WHY OUR SERVICE IS BETTER…
We offer a thorough multi-step process, not just a ‘fast and temporary’ covering. By taking these extra steps, we ensure your pilings are clean and protected as we:
- Inspect each piling to ensure their integrity.
- Remove all the barnacles and any hard growth by scraping pilings down to bare wood.
- Power wash pilings all the way down to the sea level with high pressure power wash to thoroughly remove all the marine hard growth and all marine borers.
- We then shrink wrap each piling with black wrap to restrict the flow of oxygenated water and sun light to kill all wood borers within the next 24 hours.
- Finally, we wrap the piling using a high density protective plastic wrap that encases your pilings and protects the layer beneath.
Others offer what they CLAIM is a similar service for $10-$15 per pilings less, but they typically only cover over the problem—skipping these essential steps. We ensure optimal protection for your investment by doing things the RIGHT WA
HOW WE DO THAT
- Pilings are inspected by probing them to ensure their integrity.
- Stability of current dock is ensured after we remove marine hard growth by scraping pilings down to bare wood,
- Sealant Layer
- Tightly wrapped with opaque base, sealant layer of protection to greatly restrict the flow of oxygenated water & sunlight to kill all wood borers in 24 hours.
- High Density Wrap Layer
- A high density, polyethylene wrap is then added to completely encase your dock poles and to protect the sealant layer wrap!
- Our professionally trained divers secure wrap through the use of 1-1/4″ stainless steel ring-shank nails.
THE WRAP IS INSTALLED DOWN INTO THE MUD LINE AND ONE FOOT ABOVE THE HIGH TIDE LINE OR UP TO THE WHALERS ON THE DOCK.
NAILS ARE INSTALLED EVERY 2 INCHES ALONG THE SEAMS. OUR PILE WRAP IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN BLACK COLOR BECAUSE OF ITS HIGH UV RATING FOR ADDED PROTECTION
As long as man has launched wooden boat or built wooden structures in the sea, he has suffered from the activities of shipworms and other marine boring animals. Wherever a wharf or piling stands in salt water these seldom-seen enemies are ready to attack. Records show that as far back as 412 BC. arsenic and sulfur mixed with oil was used on wooden structures to prevent shipworm invasion. During Columbus’ time, bottoms of ships were covered with a mixture of tallow and pitch in hope of discouraging shipworms and various fouling organisms. These “termites of the sea” drill passages with which they rasp their way through your pilings and survive…when they survive, your dock does not!
Effective December 31, 2003, the Environmental Protection Agency banned most chemicals used to effectively treat the wood used in docks and pilings due to their toxic effects on the environment. Creosote (the most commonly used) contains numerous constituents that are extremely toxic to aquatic organisms. Both the treatment process and the use of treated-products can result in exposure to pesticides for both people and the environment.
Current manufactured pilings are projected to last about 10-15 years consistently deteriorating without any inspections, maintenance, or preventative measures. However, the life span of these pilings can be drastically increased (easily doubled) through the use of piling wrapping to serve as a protective barrier from the elements with absolutely no harm to the outside environment. This proven method can extend the life of your piling an additional 20-30 years.